Monday, March 16, 2009

Retrospective...

I'm finally traveling. Yes, it is true I cried when the clerk asked if London was my final destination. I don't know what happened to me. It's been an extra emotional time for me. *shrug* I know I'm not going through THAT change yet... so I'm not sure what's causing all the tears.

I'm going to take a stab at it though, armchair psychologist that I am...
I think I'm finally realizing the worth I have in not being with Gayken anymore. So many wonderful things have happened to me since we've split. I've come a long way since unceremoniously being cast aside and having to live with my parents. I no longer live with the parents, I have a fantastic job, good friends and the opportunity to do things I would have never been able to do with Gayken. Huzzah!

Also... Scout is happier. I know it's got to be hard on her to have parents that are divorced, but she has an awesome, independent woman to look up to. Well, we board soon to London. Local time here is almost 5:00PM and we'll be boarding soon.

Be well fellow readers, know that we are not thinking of work... but are thinking of the fact that a lot of you have to deal with the kids that are off for 2 weeks on their spring break. Coincidentally... the amount of time we'll be gone.

xoxo
Emma

No comments: