Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Now... with pictures!


I'm low tech. I work in words.... now, today I will give you pictures. Yes... PICTURES!
Yesterday, I did nothing but tell you all how much lugging my sack of crap hurt me bad. You also saw a picture that Lizzie posted of how I looked on the Tube hanging onto said sacks of crap. Yes... I was tired. And if I looked it, it was because I was functioning on 2 hours of sleep. All of the adjusting to GMT I did was in the period between leaving Heathrow and getting out to the flat. I admit, all I wanted was a hot shower and a nap. In that order.

When all was said and done, I was able to enjoy the experience fully once I fulfilled these things. I don't need to remind you all what I look like. Just go up a couple of posts and look at my horrible and tore up self. I was truly toe' up from the flo' up. From tip to top!

After the nap and the shower. Lizzie and I decided to explore our new neighborhood: St. Katherine's Dock. I find it so charming that apartment complexes have names and numbers independent from the address. For example: 5 Rose Cottage. Sir Thomas More St. That is a fake address, though similar to ones we've seen here in London (because I know you all will be coming to visit and stalk us for the 5 days left). It's so charming! Another thing fun to read is the sign "To Let". Let me tell you... the first thing I thought was "heh... it says Toilet". I am not beyond the lame poop and fart joke. In reality, it was an apartment for rent.... and I made it into something lame and adolescent. *shrug*

In walking down the lane, we discovered that we are thisclose to the Tower of London. It was already closed, but we were able to walk around the side that hugs the Thames. We decided to have dinner at Wagamama. It was a great choice for dinner. Cheap, good eats with free wi-fi and a great view of the Tower of London. Yes... Japanese food with a view of history. It was the best way to enjoy our first dinner in the city. Lizzie had the noodle soup (yes, they gave her a ladle!) and I had the fried soba noodles with chicken and shrimp.

The days, so far, have been gorgeous in London. It's sunny and warm. It gets rather nippy at night. For once, I packed correctly and decided to bring my entire scarf collection. It's been handy. I definitely need to make sure to take some pictures of me in my warm weather clothes. I have a new jacket that is awesome. It has a pink lining...that makes it girlie. I'm also vain. I love looking adoreable in new clothes.

Walking around for the Jack the Ripper tour was interesting. Again... I'm not the history buff, but I do love me some dead people. It's the weirdo in me.

xoxo
Emma

No comments: