Saturday, March 28, 2009

Home... FINALLY

Europe was amazing. Don't think for a moment it wasn't, but it's so good to be home. SO good to be home! Lizzie and I had some plane drama. Not between us.. but the planes in general.

Our plane home from Paris was a lot smaller than our plane to London. We didn't have the same plane with the individual televisions, so our entertainment was limited to reading and sleeping. My iTouch ran out of juice, so we listened to Lizzie's MP3 player with my earphone splitter.

When we arrived in Dallas, we were dismayed to find out that we had to go through customs, retrieve our bags from Baggage Claim, check in our bags AGAIN for our connecting flight to San Francisco, THEN go to our corresponding gate for our flight home.

Lizzie, consummate planner, gave us a nice layover time of 3 hours. This was cut short by our late flight so we had 2 hours of relax time before having to board. Though... when it was time to board... we didn't. Our flight was canceled... with no announcement. To be fair, a lot of flights were canceled that were going out of Dallas. We ended up standing in a long line of passengers to get a new flight out. We got a flight to San Jose. Bad news though.... our bags were still on our way to San Francisco. Lizzie and I were told to file a Lost Baggage claim at San Jose if our bags didn't show up.

They didn't show up.

I think our bags will be here by the end of the weekend. I hope so... because I have no clothes other than the ones I was wearing on the plane. Bleg. Also... all the goodies I had brought home are in the luggage.

xoxo
Emma

No comments: