Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ahhh... Paris

I know I haven't written in a while (I SO need to catch up), but Lizzie and I made it to Paris on the Eurostar with no problems whatsoever. I fell asleep in England and woke up in France when Lizzie poked me to let me know that we were in Paris. The French Countryside looks an awful lot like the country towns in San Joaquin County on the way to Los Angeles... though the big difference is that it's super cute in France! lol One of the charming things I loved was the fact that you could tell there was a different little town you were looking at by the central church in the middle of the city. It was all so quaint. I spent a lot of time looking out the window and nodding off. My age shows.

I wore my new scarf. Thanks to Posh, I looked very Parisan. Okay... to be fair... I felt all fancy by wearing said scarf. Here's Lizzie (on the left) and I at the Eiffel Tower when we first got there (before the crazy line to take the lift up). The line took about an hour to get through. The line wait was made much better with our discussion with the young military couple with their 3 kids. They were from Jersey, but stationed in Germany. It was their first time to Paris. One of the children told their dad "I have question". He said, "I have an answer." I loved that. I want to use that with Scout when I get home.

I had to call Scout. One, just to talk to her. I'm sure she was on her way to school. She was excited to hear I was in Paris. Two, I wanted to talk to her about her report card. I'm pleased to tell you that she got straight A's and told me one of her comments was that she was good role model for other students.

Paris is windy and cold. Very... very cold. It's much cooler in here than it was in London. You can only imagine how cold it was on the top levels of the Eiffel Tower. It. Was. Cold. Truth be told, I am scared out of my gourd of heights. But, when am I going to go up the elevator again? When? So, I suffered for my art. Here I am cold and scared. I ran off away from the side right after the pictures were taken. Lizzie was fearless. I am a scaredy cat. I assure you that I will post again soon.

Paris is a magnificent city... and it's a dream come true. That would be why I look so happy... even at the peak of my fear.

xoxo Emma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucky Lady! Just checked in with Brianna along side. She wants to let you know that she is jealous and so am I! Have fun, enjoy and post more pics!!! pnkfireflies