Friday, July 17, 2009

Yes... I did sit out and wait for Harry Potter

Oh yes... it's that time again. Mid July rolls around and the release of the newest Harry Potter serial arrives.


Previous midnight showings of this film found me in line alone.... with other Pot(ter) heads. Other people weren't as fanatical as me, I guess. I'm not going to say I dressed up... though I will leak that when the 2 installments of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out.... I plan on going all out for those. Yes, I'm talking nerd city. This, though, is for another place and time when I plan said (embarrassing) outfit.


This time, I wasn't as pathetic and was able to go with Scout and Lizzie. My new, local theatre didn't have a ton of people as most went to the old standby in the neighboring town. We were able to get there about 2 hours before the movie and set up "camp". A beach blanket, junk candy and a deck of cards lasted...oh... 15 minutes before the whole line moved and we were ushered inside. Let me just say, that this theatre is the smartest theatre ever! They sold tickets for 12:01, 12:11 and 12:21. There were different lines for each showing so everyone wasn't all smooshed together.

Scout and I saw some friends in line and their little boy was dressed up as HP! Too Cute! Again, let me say, I fully plan on costumes for the final 2 movies!

I don't want to give too much away, but it was one of the better Potter films in the series. A squeal worthy part for Lizzie and I was watching London getting decimated by Dementors. I don't like bridges. At all. I had a hard time walking over the Millennium Bridge on our way to the Globe Theatre. I scurried across quickly. That bridge was destroyed in the film... and there were people on it! That scene.... I wasn't so keen on and I will be leery crossing it again on my next trip to London.

xoxo
Emma

No comments: