Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Taking Care of the Elderly...

I remember when....


Oy... those words really take a toll on you when you're in your 30s and rolling with friends / co-workers who are in their 20s. Recently when Lizzie and I went to the Gay Pride Parade with Nick and Taylor, they mentioned how Trix was changing their look into round shapes.


*blank stare*
Um.... they were round before they were shaped like fruits.

Lizzie and I went into a crazy trip down cereal lane and reminiced about round Trix. Nick and Taylor have only known Trix in their "fruity" format. We then schooled them on other "vintage" cereals and their existence pre-1985. I know Lizzie felt old... because I felt like a dinosaur.

I was talking with a friend via FB yesterday and she mentioned a playground encounter she had. There was a mom with a 3 year old at the park. The kid had all his clothes on backwards. My friend went up to the other mom and said "So, you're kid's a big fan of Kriss Kross, huh?"

The other mom says, "Who's Kriss Kross?".

Shot down and made to feel old... all in one fell swoop.

No comments: