Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin Maze, Emma Jane!

Tonight is the night that Lizzie and I visit the pumpkin maze. We're driving a pretty hefty distance to get there at dusk... so I'm hoping it's worth it! In reading the site, I see there's a haunted house. Now, this could go 2 ways with me... it's either a pansy, child's walk through or it's a scary-ass, enveloping scream fest. I'll be able to tell once I get there. If I hear adults and teens (that have hit puberty and don't sound like eunuchs) screaming, then I won't go in there. If I hear and see herds of children running and screaming... I may be tempted to go in. My fear of scary things is not unnoticed by my circle of friends. I know that Lizzie will go in because she's fearless and can watch movies with things that go stab in the head. Unfortunately, like a school dance where one doesn't have a date... she's gonna go stag.

Every year this farm does a corn maze. EVERY year! Every year, Lizzie has missed it... this year... today she will see what the excitement is about! I've been only one time and had a great time suffering in the maze. Nobody told me that it was going to be sweltering hot in the valley in October! I hope it's not like that today! I'm hoping for the best when we're running around the maze!

I was reminded by a friend of how being in the maze could be reminiscent of Signs.... but really? Aliens? in the corn maze? *sigh* I doubt it. Besides, they were afraid of water. So, to be safe, I'll carry water. You know... to hydrate myself.... and to hurl at aliens. But, just so you know... um.. I doubt the validity of aliens in the corn maze. They like houses with Mel Gibson that are surrounded by corn fields. I won't be anywhere near one of those. My deduction... no aliens in the cornfield. so HA!

No comments: