Wednesday, February 4, 2009

37.... in a row?

I'm not referring to the "Dicks in Row" comment from Clerks... but the mass of people that I went to Disneyland with this past weekend. Yes, we had 35 and not 37 people, but the quote still sounds good...right? I was able to procure 35 "I'm Celebrating" buttons for the entire group. We looked unified. We also moved as a big mass all over the park. I was able to charm the pants off many a cast member with the opening phrase "Pardon me..." that wasn't proceeded by "do you have any Grey Poupon"



The one thing about me that only exists in Disneyland is the fact that I wish people Happy Birthday. I'll walk, see a button, say "Happy Birthday!!!" then continue on my way. It interrupts my conversations with people sometimes, but also breaks the monotony of an otherwise normal Disneyland operating day. The group totally got into it and wished people a happy birthday with some clapping motions and a group shout / point of "YOU ROCK" towards the birthday person. No age was discriminated against. It would start with a person in our group shouting "Hey, (insert name on Birthday Button here), HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Then the clapping and chanting. It was sweet and (personally) cool to have so many people acknowledge you on your birthday. Okay... to be fair... I love when people wish me a happy birthday. I don't care advertising my age either. Also... I don't really LOOK my age... so it works in my favor. ;)

This trip was truly, one of the best times I've ever had. I've had many trips to the park with many people. but never in a group this big. It was a bittersweet undertaking, but fulfilling all the while. I did learn a few things on this trip.

1) Tired and driving = spilling of secrets
I think I told all I had in me to the 2 people that stayed up to hear them. I can't tell you if they remember anything I said, but I think I remember what I said and it was pretty juicy information. (Please... like i'd blog my secrets here... lol)

2) Gay men smell good. Really? Need I say more?

3) I'm not as young as I used to be, but that's totally okay. I think it's bunking with people who are a decade younger than I am that made me the "old lady" in the room. I'm sure that the roommates didn't think that, but it was one of the first times I thought that.

4) My cursing while driving is amazing. I put words together that really don't belong, but in the context of my anger... makes absolute sense. It scares people

5) I got extra emo during the fireworks. Kudos to Lizzie for being sweet and comforting. I don't know what came over me. It was more emotion than I was used to during the pretty lights in the sky. Also, see #2.

6) I need to work out my right arm more if I'm going to dust Lizzie in Toy Story Mania ;) Screaming like I was birthing a child while yanking a rope over and over to shoot virtual balls is not okay! lol

7) I've never been more appreciative of everything I had in my life until I did all of these things this last weekend.

It's been a long road, but I think things are going to be more than okay. A lot of my dreams have come true and I still have a long way to go in my life to make more of these wonderful daydreams tactile.

Thank you 827. Our store may be gone, but we went out in a fantastic and glorious way! :D

You know you love me
xoxo
Emma

No comments: