Monday, April 6, 2009

Prom Redeux....

I got stood up twice on Friday. By 2 different people for 2 different appointments.

It was my day off and I drove into a neighboring town to have lunch with my friend who was getting off of work at 2:00 PM. She said she would call me after work to meet up with me. She never called. I tried calling her house and eventually drove past her work (car was not there). I waited until 3:30 until I made my way back home. My friend eventually called around 4:00 PM. By that time, I was already home. When she asked if I was mad, I made sure to tell her that I wasn't mad, but was highly annoyed. I made a special trip out to the city. It wasn't as if I was running errands in the city and wanted to get together. We had also made plans, so it wasn't a last minute endevour.

My high point of the failed lunch trip was purchasing $35 worth of stuffs at the local secondhand record/DVD store. I got the Broadway soundtracks to Les Miserables (*2 Discs for $10!!!) and In the Heights. I also purchased Season 1 of Extras and the movie Camp. I enjoyed watching Camp on my lazy Sunday. It's a *ahem* campy movie... but the kids are so talented! A fun tidbit, the girl who plays Jessica in the movie adaptation of Twilight is in Camp also.

Scout and I were supposed to have game night with friends. One friend failed to tell the other one about said game night. Both of the friends made plans. Scout and I were left disappointed and had to make our own night. That fun consisted of Sephora, Best Buy and Der Weinerscnitzel. Scout has the same genetic disease I was... AM...afflicted with..... Expensive Taste Disease. Scout loves to try on perfume. There are times that she comes out reeking like she fell in a vat of rotting flowers. This time was different. She tried on only 2 perfumes (rejoyce!) and the sample she chose for herself was Escada: Ocean Lounge . Since, we were able to get 3 samples, I chose Burberry. Yes... the perfume is the closest I can get before I eventually purchase the Cashmere Scarf. I got The Beat and Sheer. I have a friend that has a Coach Obsession. Mine is a Burberry Longing. lol One day I will have the scarf. For now I have a Fauxberry purse and wallet.

The day wasn't too bad... but it didn't feel good to be stood up. Something similar happened to me at my Senior Prom many moons ago. The good thing: my friend from the neighboring town took me to Prom that same night because he said that "No girl should be stood up for the Prom". This very nice boy is now expecting a baby with his wife! :D I don't think he reads this... but if he does, I wish him all the success in the world. Yay Mee-ay-Kay!

xoxo
Emma

No comments: