Sunday, April 5, 2009

Admitting you have a problem is the first step

Exactly one week ago I returned from Europe. So of course, this weekend I'm in SoCal with my parents to visit my brother and sister-in-law. They live in Garden Grove, 5 minutes away from Disneyland. Everyone in my family has annual passes. Here is how my day went:

5 a.m. Woke up earlier than I meant to. Didn't bother to go back to sleep.
6:30 a.m.- Went to pick up mother from Grandmother's House
7:00 a.m.- Picked up father. Got on the road
2:30 a.m.- checked into hotels-- Long story. I managed to book a room at the wrong hotel from where parents were staying. Oops.
3:30 Went to brother's apartment. Talked for a while
5:00- Dinner at Kings Fish House in Orange.
8:30- Back at apartment. Chatted some more
9:30- Went back to hotel room. Too close to Disneyland... I have a premium pass... not blacked out today.
9:35- Left hotel room. Walked to Disneyland. I have problems
9:45 Got to Disneyland. Happy now. Fireworks ended, crowds leaving park. Fighting way up Main Street like salmon going upstream. Ride Pirates and Haunted Mansion.
10:45- Start walking back to hotel
11:00- back at hotel. Must go to sleep.... can't tell anyone that I couldn't make it through the day without getting my fix.
I need professional help.

Lizzie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must be an enabler because I would have done the exact same thing. Besides, why have the Premium AP if you cant't use it for the quick fix? "Just Casa Bonita It"
Xoxo
Emma